1/25/2013 High CO/Chimney Fire Tamarack Lane. By Tom Whittemore
At 3pm on January 25th EGFD was dispatched for a Carbon Monoxide Alarm on Tamarack Lane.
R11 responded and found CO reading in excess of 30 PPM in the house along with a smoky
smell but no signs of any thermal hot spots. Truck 11 and Engine 9 responded as well to the call
while further investigation discovered a dormant chimney fire. The chimney was cleaned and
the house ventilated. This turned out to be the first of three odor or alarm calls
received on the 25th.